Name: Michele Bachmann
Organization: Republican Party
Famous Bigot Quotes:
- Kathy Griffin: “Congresswoman Bachmann, were you born a bigot or did you, like, grow into it?” she asked — on tape.Bachmann: “That’s a good question. I’m gonna have to get back to ya,” she said, perhaps not creating the best of campaign slogans.
- “The executive director of Planned Parenthood in Illinois said they want to become the LensCrafter of big abortion in Illinois,” at a speech in front of social conservatives last April.
- “Private personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up, in a violation of their constitutional rights, and put the Japanese in internment camps,” during an interview with Fox News in June, 2009.
- There is a movement afoot that’s occurring and part of that is whole philosophical idea of multi-cultural diversity, which on the face sounds wonderful. Let’s appreciate and value everyone’s cultures. But guess what? Not all cultures are equal. Not all values are equal.
- “…the Obama administration has embraced the group [Muslim Brotherhood] at nearly every turn, starting with President Obama’s 2009 speech in Cairo.”
- “I don’t know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We’ve had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?’ Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we’ve got to rein in the spending.” –Rep. Michele Bachmann, suggesting at a presidential campaign event in Florida that the 2011 East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God (Aug. 2011)
- “I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?” -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008
- “I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009
- “Unfortunately she is now suffering from breast cancer, so keep her in your prayers,” Bachmann said in 2004 about singer Melissa Etheridge. “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”
- “This really is the number one issue for our country right now, how are we going to deal with this threat of radical Islam.”—Senator Michele Bachmann, Northern Alliance Radio Network, September 9, 2006.
- “They aren’t just kind of gay-friendly, they are gay advocates at Proctor and Gamble… Here’s just a few other companies that support the pro-homosexual agenda. They include Levi-Strauss, American Airlines, Sarah Lee Bakery, Jaguar and LandRover.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- “Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.
- “And now Obama is allowing terror suspect groups to write the FBI’s terror training manual,” she told about 75 Republican activists in an eastern Iowa hotel conference room.
- Joined the Thomas More Law Center as an Advisory Board Member. A center known to have very strong anti-abortion, anti-Muslim/Islam, and anti-gay sentiments.
- Profits significantly from her Islamophobic and McCarthy-like tactics. She posted on Twitter she raised $1 million from July 1-July 25.
- Believe the US government is being infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood. She got her information from Frank Gaffney.
- Believes Huma Abedin, Sec. Hillary Clinton’s aide is a Muslim Brotherhood affiliate and is infiltrating the US government. Many Republican leaders have spoken against her alligations such as Sen. John McCain (AZ), Sen. Scott Brown (MA), Sen. Marco Rubio (FL), House Speaker John Boehner (OH) and Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (WI).
- Frank Gaffney provided “sources” for Bachmann’s witchhunt of Muslims working in the US government
- Denies attacking Huma Abedin by name, but her letter proves otherwise. See letter here
- Believes the Lion King is gay propaganda, no we’re not joking unfortunately…
- She and her husband are invested in the notion that they can “convert” gay people from their despicable lifestyle (in their view) to good, red-blooded, all-American heterosexuality.
- Has conspiracy theories about the American music industry and musicians
- Believes Glenn Beck can solve the debt crisis
- Wrote article titled: “ Obama’s Friends Are America’s Enemies“
- Closely tied to Frank Gaffney, Islamophobe and another Bigot List bigot
- Supported by Pamela Gellar on her “Muslim Brotherhood is penetrating the government” conspiracy theory
- Addressed Christians United for Israel and America and claimed President Obama is being steered to destroy Israel and America
- Avoided CNN reporter Dana Bash’s questions regarding her allegations of Huma Abedin and Sen. John McCain’s defense of Abedin